17 June 2011

Would you love me?

Would you love me when I'm old, my dear,
Say, when I turn sixty-nine?
When my hearing's become rather unclear,
And I've to shout to you all the time?

Would you love me when my sight's gone bad,
And I leave my glasses around?
When I don't look as good as I once had,
And I've gained some extra pounds?

Would you love me still when my smooth hands
have become rough and bony?
When I've lost my shape of an hourglass,
And have stretch marks on my tummy?

When all of my teeth have fallen off,
And I've wrinkles 'round my mouth,
Will I still be the one you love,
Though my breasts are heading south?

Would you love me when my bottom droops, 
And I've a pair of flabby wings?
When I start to smell like cabbage soup,
Would you try to change a thing?

When my black hair's turned silver and gray,
And my veins look like a map,
Would you mind if I push you away,
Just to take another nap?

'Cause I'd love you still, no matter how
You'll look like when you're old,
I'll love you then as I do now,
For I love your heart of gold

P/s: Credit to Pia Zahari