18 June 2011

I love being me

"I hope you always find someone to take you home. To put you into bed, kiss your cheek, and check your pulse... make sure you're still breathing with their hand up to your nose. I wish that could be me, but it's just not possible."

"Here in these deep city lights a girl could get lost tonight. And I'm finding every reason to be gone, there's nothing here to hold on to. Could I hold you?"

"Well I can see you on the horizon like a storm that's soon to be and is it so bad to be in love with a memory of you smiling back at me?"

"Everything that I do reminds me of you. And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor. And they smell just like you, I love the things that you do. When you walk away, I count the steps that you take. Do you see how much I need you right now?"

"Okay, I like being on my own. I think relationships are messy and people’s feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We’re young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; might as well have fun while we can and save the serious stuff for later."

"No one can hurt me anymore. In fact, no one can even come close because I just don't care anymore. About anything. I wake up and don't care what I wear. I don't care what I do on the weekends. I just go through the motions. So I sure as hell don't care what you do with your life anymore."